Chapter one Commit, What's in a ritual? Then the author discusses rituals and how they bring us comfort. She also mentions that through habit or ritual we can commit to doing better for ourselves and our environment.
Chapter two Breathe, Yoga and meditation rituals. This all about taking the time to slow down and focus on ourselves without judgement by doing things like breathing exercises, meditation, and yoga. One meditation practice is given along with seven yoga moves to help you relax.
Chapter three Awaken Active workout rituals. The author discusses the benefits of exercise and provides what she considers to be a full body home workout. This includes seven exercises such as squats and plank. There is also a page on the healing effects of water.
Chapter four Focus Rituals for a clear mind Journaling, recording gratitude, positive rituals, visualization techniques, etc.
Chapter five Nourish Ritual for the gut. This is pretty self explanatory. The author discusses fasting, as well as eating foods that she feels are healthy to start off your morning right.
Chapter six Cleanse Washing, oiling and rehydrating. Facial cleansing, oral cleansing (oil pulling, tongue scraping), body cleansing, smoke cleansing (smudging), weekend cleaning rituals. There are three recipes: Spirulina face mask, Bicarbonate of Soda (aka baking soda) face mask, and essential beard oil.
Chapter seven Connect Rituals in nature. This chapter is all about getting yourself outside, back in nature. In a park, a visit to a body of water, whatever it takes to get you regrounded. It also suggests bringing nature inside.
Chapter eight Accept when life gets in the way. You can think of this chapter as flexible self care.
Chapter nine Trust Finding your flow. This is about figuring out what works for you, what makes you happy.
Good Mornings is more of a pretty idea than anything else. It makes a nice (although a little worthless) addition to a gift basket for anyone who lives or is looking to live a clean organic lifestyle. Think of it as one of those, see how well I know you kind of gifts even if it's not the best choice to give due to the lack of any real substance.
As a small Eco farmer running my own micro farm full time, a yogi, nature lover, eater and preparer of foods made from scratch, one who cans, dries, freezes, and puts up her own food, one who doesn't bother with artificial junk, etc. yeah, I really thought I'd love this book. It's okay, sure. But kind of pointless. I feel bad saying it, but it really doesn't offer as much as it appears to at first glance.
You may also like:
Links to the books I've read & reviewed for your convenience!
- Good Mornings: Morning Rituals For Wellness, Peace,and Purpose
- Healthy Eating For Life
- Troubled Water What's Wrong With What We Drink
- Beekeeping For Beginners How To Raise Your First Bee Colonies
- Dreamland (YA edition): The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic
- Yoga For Better Sleep
- Everyday Healing with Essential Oils
- Buzz Sting Bite Why We Need Insects
- National Geographic Complete Guide to Pet Health, Behavior, and Happiness
- Coffee House Knits
- Feeding You Lies
- Why Social Media is Ruining Your Life
- Breakfast The Most Important Book About The Best Meal Of The Day
- Complete Wellness Enjoy Long-Lasting Health and Well-Being
- The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond
- The Complete Guide To Adaptogens From Ashwagandaha to Rhodiola, Medicinal Herbs That Transform and Heal
- Beginning Beekeeping
- Before The Evolution and Future of Processed Food
- The Psychobiotic Revolution
- Simple & Natural Soapmaking: Create 100% Pure and Beautiful Soaps with The Nerdy Farm Wife’s Easy Recipes and Techniques
- The Flower Book
- The Essential Oils Complete Reference Guide: Over 250 Recipes for Natural Wholesome Aromatherapy
- The Gut Makeover: 4 Weeks to Nourish Your Gut, Revolutionize Your Health, and Lose Weight
- The Field Guide To Pregnancy
- 101 Easy Homemade Products for Your Skin, Health & Home: A Nerdy Farm Wife's All-Natural DIY Projects Using Commonly Found Herbs, Flowers & Other Plants
- The Chicken Health Handbook
- Chickens In Your Backyard: A Beginners Guide
- The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-Rich Dishes
- The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and Other Sweet Preserves: 200 Classic and Contemporary Recipes Showcasing the Fabulous Flavors of Fresh Fruits
- The Raw Milk Revolution: Behind America's Emerging Battle over Food Rights
- The Joy of Pickling: 250 Flavor-Packed Recipes for Vegetables and More from Garden or Market
- Style, Naturally: The Savvy Shopping Guide to Sustainable Fashion and Beauty
- The Gort Cloud: The Invisible Force Powering Today's Most Visible Green Brands
- Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles
- Sleeping Naked Is Green
- Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting
- Ecological Intelligence: How Knowing the Hidden Impacts of What We Buy Can Change Everything
- Beef: The Untold Story of How Milk, Meat, and Muscle Shaped the World
- Fortify Your Life: Your Guide to Vitamins, Minerals, and More
- Healing Herbs: A Beginner's Guide To Identifying, Foraging, and Using Medicinal Plants
- The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook
- The Virgin Diet Cookbook: 150 Easy and Delicious Recipes to Lose Weight and Feel Better Fast
- Flip Dolls & Other Toys That Zip, Stack, Hide, Grab & Go
- Healthy at Home: Get Well and Stay Well Without Prescriptions
- Cows Save the Planet: And Other Improbable Ways of Restoring Soil to Heal the Earth
- Integrative Wellness Rules: A Simple Guide to Healthy Living
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us
- How Stella Saved the Farm: A Tale About Making Innovation Happen
- The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days
- The Easy Organizer: 365 Tips for Conquering Clutter
- The Seed Underground: A Growing Revolution to Save Food
- Probiotics For Dummies
- Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
- Small Business For Dummies
- Starting An Etsy Business For Dummies
- Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred: Seriously Geeky Stuff to Make with Your Kids
- The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You've Always Wanted
- A Woman's Guide to a Healthy Stomach: Taking Control of Your Digestive Health
- Holy Shit: Managing Manure to Save Mankind
- Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do About It
- Terra Madre: Forging a New Global Network of Sustainable Food Communities
- The Hundred Year Diet: America's Voracious Appetite For Losing Weight
- Twelve by Twelve: A One-Room Cabin Off the Grid and Beyond the American Dream
- Felties: How to Make 18 Cute and Fuzzy Friends from Felt
- Bread Matters: The State of Modern Bread and a Definitive Guide to Baking Your Own
- Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences